These Turtle Chocolate Cookie Cups have a moist, chewy chocolate cookie base and a caramel cheesecake filling. They’re topped off with chopped pecans and a caramel drizzle!
CHOCOLATE COOKIE CUP
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (163g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (57g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups (259g) powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp caramel sauce
- Additional caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Chopped pecans
1. Spray cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
5. Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers should fall a bit while cooling, but if the centers aren’t cupped enough to add filling, use the underside of a measuring tablespoon to press the center down a bit.
8. Once cookie have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
9. Add the powdered sugar and caramel sauce and mix until smooth.
10. Pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups and top with more caramel and chopped pecans. Cookie cups should be refrigerated until served.
Keywords: chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies recipe, cheesecake cookies, homemade cookies recipe, best cookies recipe, cookies with icing recipe, cookies with frosting recipe