This classic Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is easy to make and perfect for Spring! The combination of sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb and a crunchy oat topping is perfection!
- 1/2 cup (65g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (90g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 pound rhubarb stalks, trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick (4 or 5 stalks)
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients for the topping, except for the butter, to a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cold butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and comes together. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling and stir together so that the strawberries and rhubarb are well coated, then pour the mixture into an 8 or 9 inch dish.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbling nicely and the sauce has thickened. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 45.7 g
- Sodium: 110.3 mg
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 40.7 mg
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb crisp