This flavorful 4-ingredient Stick of Butter Rice is the easiest and tastiest side dish you’ll ever make. It’s a timeless recipe that my family has loved for generations – and yours will too!
- 1 cup (180g) uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (10 oz) can of condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 (10 oz) can of condensed Beef Consommé Soup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8 or 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients to your baking dish. You do not need to do anything to the stick of butter, just put it right in there.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir quickly and bake for 30-40 minutes more, or when the liquid has all been absorbed.
- Give the rice a stir and then serve.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- To Store: Keep cooled rice in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 564.7 mg
- Fat: 19.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.6 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 49.8 mg
Keywords: buttered rice, baked rice, best rice