With a graham cracker crust and creamy chocolate filling piled high with perfectly toasted marshmallows, this S’mores Chocolate Pie is an absolutely addicting chocolate tart recipe. The perfect way to enjoy indoor s’mores year round!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- about 40 regular sized marshmallows (not mini or jumbo)
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs and mix until combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan, then set aside.
- Whisk the cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chunks to a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, checking to make sure it doesn’t burn, until melted.
- Add melted chocolate, remaining milk (1 3/4 cup), and vanilla extract to a pan and whisk over medium heat until well combined and warm.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the chocolate mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. It will begin to thicken.
- Once boiling, stir continuously for about 2 minutes, until fully thickened.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- At this point, you can refrigerate until set and then add the toasted marshmallows right before serving, OR go ahead and toast the marshmallows on top and then refrigerate. Either way, here is how to add the marshmallows:
- Place a layer of marshmallows on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil for 2-4 minutes, watching closely to remove the pie when the marshmallows are browned to your liking.
If you chose to refrigerate the pie with the marshmallows already on it and cut a piece when you want it, I like to microwave my piece for 5-10 seconds before eating to get the marshmallows a little bit melty again.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 25.6 g
- Sodium: 108.3 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 13.8 mg
Keywords: smores pie, smores dessert, chocolate pie recipes