These simple Samoa Pretzel Sticks are inspired by one of my favorite Girl Scout Cookies! I absolutely love the caramel, chocolate & coconut in those tasty Samoa cookies. And all those flavors come together perfectly in these pretzel sticks!
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramels (I used Kraft)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 cups toasted coconut
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shortening
1. Add caramels to a saucepan with water. Cook on medium low until caramels are completely melted, stirring constantly.
2. Once melted, pour caramel into a tall glass, tall enough to dip the pretzel sticks in at least half way.
3. Place parchment paper on the counter.
4. One at a time, dip pretzels into the caramel, half to 3/4 way.
5. Place dipped pretzels onto parchment paper to cool and harden fully, 2-3 hours. Or place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
6. Spread coconut onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
7. When ready, melt chocolate chips and shortening in another tall glass in the microwave, stopping about every 30 seconds to stir so that you don’t burn the chocolate.
8. Dip caramel dipped pretzels into chocolate one at a time.
9. Hold chocolate dipped pretzel over cookie sheet with coconut and sprinkle coconut on melted chocolate.
10. Place pretzels on parchment paper to dry.
- Serving Size: 1 Pretzel Stick
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 21.2 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.8 mg
Keywords: pretzel dessert, samoas recipe, chocolate covered pretzels recipe, how to make chocolate covered pretzels, coconut dessert, caramel dessert, girl scout cookie recipe