1. To make the cupcakes, add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
2. Add egg, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well.
4. Pour batter into cupcakes pans, filling just over half way, and bake at 300 degrees for about 18-22 minutes.
5. When done, remove cupcakes from oven and cupcake tin and allow to cool.
6. While cupcakes cool, make the icing. Add the shortening and butter to a mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
7. Slowly add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
8. Mix in the pureed raspberries.
9. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
10. Ice the cupcakes.
Keywords: raspberry cupcakes, raspberry frosting, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes recipe, easy chocolate cupcakes recipe, chocolate cupcakes frosting, best chocolate cupcakes, raspberry dessert