These Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Pastries are not only easy to make, but they’re super fun and tasty too! They’re a great little treat for fall and the holidays!
PUMPKIN SPICE FILLING
- 1/2 cup (122g) pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1/4 cup (36g) brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin, spices, brown sugar and egg yolk. Set aside.
3. Unfold one of the Puff Pastry Sheets and use a 3 inch circle cutter (such as a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter) to cut out 9 circles. Repeat with the second sheet, reserving the leftover scraps. Press a few lines into the second set of Puff Pastry circles to resemble a pumpkin, then those 9 circles aside.
4. Using the leftover scraps, cut out 9 stems and leaves. I used a knife for cutting them.
5. Using a little bit of egg white, attach one stem and leaf to each of nine of the circles.
6. Add about one tablespoon of pumpkin filling to the center of each of the nine circles with stems and leaves.
7. Brush a little egg white around the edge of the nine circles with the filling and place the other nine circles (with the lines on them) over the top of them.
8. Use a fork to seal and crimp the edges.
9. Place the pastries onto the baking sheet and brush the tops of the pastries with the egg white wash.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven and the baking sheet and allow to cool. Serve warm or reheat and serve at a later time.
Keywords: pumpkin spice recipe, pumpkin recipe, easy pumpkin recipe, pastry recipe, fall baking recipe, pumpkin dessert, easy pumpkin dessert, baked pumpkin