Generously spread with cream cheese frosting, this pumpkin sheet cake tastes just like fall! Topped with chopped pecans and pumpkin candies, it’s absolutely beautiful.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (337g) packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (320g) pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cups (575g) powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- Chopped pecans
- Pumpkin candies
- Prepare a 12×18 inch sheet pan/jelly roll pan with non-stick baking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, and oil to and large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time.
- Add the eggs two at a time, mixing until mostly combined after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until mostly combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over mix the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Slowly add half of the powdered sugar and the salt and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and milk/cream and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add additional milk, if needed to get the right consistency of frosting.
- Spread the frosting evenly onto the cooled cake and then top with chopped pecans and pumpkin candies. Cover the cake and refrigerate until ready to serve. Let cake sit out for at least 20-30 minutes to warm up a bit before serving. Cake is best when eaten within 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 24.4 g
- Sodium: 200.4 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 49.5 mg
Keywords: pumpkin cake, pumpkin dessert recipes, pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting