This pumpkin pound cake is dense like classic pound cakes should be, but so moist and tender, too! Top it with a homemade cream cheese icing, and it’s officially irresistible.
Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (336g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (450g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups (390g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (291g) pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups (201g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C) and prepare a 10-14 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and both sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until well incorporated after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure things are well combined.
- With the mixer on low, carefully add the flour, spices and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into bundt pan and bake for 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes, then invert cake onto cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- When cake has finished cooling, make the icing. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and one tablespoon of cream. Mix until well combined and smooth. Add additional cream, as needed, to get a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and serve.
- To store. Pumpkin pound cake can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days. I would not recommend leaving this cake out at room temperature because of the icing.
- To freeze. Once the cake has cooled completely and the icing has set, you can freeze it in an airtight container or tight layers of plastic wrap for 2-3 months. Remember to let the cake thaw overnight in the fridge before you serve it again.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 578
- Sugar: 58 g
- Sodium: 230.5 mg
- Fat: 26.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.6 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 132.5 mg
Keywords: pumpkin pound cake, pumpkin pound cake recipe