This moist and fluffy Hummingbird Bread is loaded with pineapple and ripe banana! Laced with warm spices and studded with toasted pecans, you’ll love everything about this luscious breakfast loaf.
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 large ripe bananas)
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (53g) chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine the melted butter, oil and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined before adding the next.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Add the pineapple with juice and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with tough bread.
- Gently fold in the chopped pecans.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. To test for doneness, a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean. If the loaf starts to brown too much on top, tent it with some aluminum foil.
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Slice and serve when ready.
- To Store: Keep cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- To Freeze: Wrap cooled loaf (or individual slices) in a tight layer of plastic wrap and a layer of heavy-duty foil. Then, either seal it in a freezer bag with all the air squeezed out or secure it in a freezer-safe container, freezing for up to 3 months. Thaw out frozen hummingbird bread in the fridge or on the counter before enjoying.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 88.8 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 30.9 mg
Keywords: pineapple banana bread, breakfast bread, banana bread with pecans