These easy homemade Peppermint Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy cookies with peppermint pieces and white chocolate chips. They’re festive, flavorful and hard not to get addicted to!
- 2 3/4 cups (358g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (233g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (28g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups (211g) white chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp crushed peppermint pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and peppermint extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined. It will be thick and shouldn’t be sticky. Do not over mix.
- Once it’s well combined, add the white chocolate chips and peppermint pieces and use a rubber spatula to help it come together to form a more cohesive ball.
- Create 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. The cookies will spread and the centers will look soft, but should look done. Remove just as the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t overbake. The cookies may look a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 68.2 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Keywords: peppermint cookies, chocolate peppermint cookies, soft sugar cookies, chocolate sugar cookies, christmas sugar cookies, chewy sugar cookies, white chocolate cookies