Pecan Praline Fudge is rich and buttery, chock full of toasted pecans, and has unbelievable melt-in-you-mouth brown sugar flavor! Plus, it’s simple to make! If you are a fan of pecan pralines, you are going to LOVE this fudge!
- 2 cups (450g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp (56g) unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups (230g) powdered sugar, sifted (could add up to 2 ½ cups for a firmer fudge)
- 1 cup (106g) chopped toasted pecans or candied pecans
- Additional chopped pecans, for topping, if desired
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper that covers the sides of the pan and hangs over a bit. You can use the overhang to lift the fudge out of the pan later.
- Combine the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, butter and baking soda in a medium sized saucepan and heat over medium-low until butter and sugar are melted.
- Turn heat up to medium and bring to rolling boil. Boil for about 1 minute, or until it reaches 225-230 degrees F, then remove from heat and pour into a mixer bowl.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and beat on low for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, if needed, to be sure all the powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until it’s beginning to hold its shape, but is still soft. You don’t want to overbeat it or it’ll dry out and get too firm.
- Stir in the pecans (the mixture will thicken a bit when you add the pecans), then spread the fudge evenly into the prepared pan. Press some additional chopped pecans into the top of the fudge, if you’d like.
- Allow to cool completely either at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Remove the cooled fudge from the pan using the overhanging parchment paper and cut into pieces. Store in an air-tight counter at room temperature or in the fridge. Fudge will be firmer when cold.
Modified from Betty Crocker
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 25.2 g
- Sodium: 12.2 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: pecan praline fudge, pecan fudge, praline fudge