These Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes have a moist, fluffy banana cake on the bottom and a lovely cream cheese peanut butter frosting on top. Such a perfect flavor combo!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. Add egg white and egg in two batches, mixing until combined after each.
5. Combine dry ingredients in another bowl, then combine mashed bananas, milk and water in another bowl.
6. Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined.
7. Add the milk and banana mixture and mix until well combined.
8. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
9. Fill cupcake liners about halfway. Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
10. Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
2. Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth.
3. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
4. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. I used the Ateco 808 large round tip.
6. Top cupcakes with a banana chip and sprinkle with crushed banana chips, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Cupcakes are best for 2-3 days.
Keywords: peanut butter cupcakes, banana cupcakes, banana cupcakes recipe, best cupcakes recipe, the best recipe for cupcakes, easy cupcakes, easy cupcakes recipe, simple cupcakes recipe, peanut butter frosting, peanut butter frosting recipe