Creamy Peppermint Bark Ice Cream is a delicious treat and festive holiday dessert. Rich white chocolate, chocolate chunks, and crushed candy canes make a homemade ice cream that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 5 (1.55 oz) Hershey’s chocolate bars, chopped (7.75 oz chocolate)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring well between each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the sweetened condensed milk mixture in 3 parts, whisking together until well combined after each addition. Set mixture aside.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a large mixing bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk in two parts.
- Add the chopped chocolate and crushed candy canes and gently fold until evenly dispersed. Try not to over-stir it all or the red color of the candy canes will make the ice cream pink.
- Pour the ice cream into the prepared pan, cover, and freeze at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
Keywords: no churn ice cream recipe, homemade ice cream, how to make ice cream, peppermint ice cream