With a vanilla wafer crust and homemade coconut whipped cream, this No Bake Toasted Coconut Cheesecake is the ultimate coconut dessert. With a light, refreshing coconut flavor in every bite and no need to heat up the oven, it’s the perfect summer dessert.
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, melted
- 24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
- 1 cups (76g) toasted coconut, divided
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 6 tbsp (44g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well to combine completely.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to chill.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the sour cream and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and coconut extract and mix until well combined and smooth. Set mixture aside.
- In another large mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in two parts until well combined.
Carefully fold 3/4 of the toasted coconut into the filling.
- Add the filling to the crust and spread into an even layer.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
- To finish off the cheesecake, remove it from the springform pan and set on a plate or serving platter.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and coconut extract for the whipped cream topping to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe shells of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake. Top the cheesecake off with the remaining toasted coconut
- Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best stored well covered and will last well for 4-5 days.
Keywords: no bake cheesecake, coconut cheesecake, easy cheesecake