These Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes are so fun with colorful swirl layers! This fun cheesecake recipe is perfect for St. Patricks Day or a kid’s party! Rainbow cake meets cheesecake!
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan and spray with non-stick spray, if you’d like.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Divide the batter evenly into six bowls. It should be a little less than 1/2 cup per bowl/color. Add the gel colors to the bowls, coloring one bowl with each color – purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red.
8. Layer the colored batter into the crusts, starting with about 2 teaspoons of purple batter in each cup. Once the purple batter is evenly distributed, add the blue batter in the center of the purple. Continue adding colors – next green, then yellow, orange and red. The cups should be mostly full.
9. Bake the cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
10. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
11. When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
12. To make the whipped cream topping, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cheesecakes and add sprinkles.
14. Refrigerate the cheesecakes in an airtight container until ready to serve. Cheesecakes are best for 2-3 days.
Keywords: rainbow dessert, mini rainbow cheesecakes, rainbow cheesecake, st patricks day dessert, party dessert, rainbow cake, rainbow party,