Filled with rich mocha flavors, these Mini Coffee Cheesecakes are the ultimate coffee addict’s dessert! Creamy coffee cheesecake fills an Oreo cookie crust, all topped with chocolate whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups (201g) Oreo crumbs
- 2 tbsp (41g) butter, melted
For the Filling
- 12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (16g) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
For the Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 tbsp (22g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate covered espresso beans, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, reduce the oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Combine the warm water and coffee granules and stir until the granules are dissolved.
- Add the coffee mixture, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Divide the filling between the cheesecake cups until the cups are mostly full.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 17-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
- Crack the oven door and allow the cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
- When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
- To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cheesecakes and sprinkle with crushed up chocolate covered espresso beans, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: mini cheesecakes, coffee cheesecake, coffee cake recipe, sour cream coffee cake recipe, mini cheesecake recipe, oreo cookie crust, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream frosting