These Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes are smooth, creamy and made with an Oreo cookie crumb crust, chocolate ganache topping and chocolate whipped cream! A classic little treat with plenty of chocolate!
- 1 cup (134g) oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz chocolate, melted (I used dark chocolate)
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 tbsp (22g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate bars, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
4. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
5. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
7. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
8. Stir in the melted chocolate.
9. Add the filling to each cheesecake cup until cups are mostly full.
10. Bake cheesecakes for 15 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
11. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling. When the cheesecakes are cool, remove from the pan.
12. Add the chocolate chips for the ganache to a small bowl. Heat the heavy whipping cream just until it begins to boil.
13. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and then whisk until melted and smooth.
14. Add a little chocolate ganache to the top of each cheesecake.
15. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
16. Pipe whipped cream onto each mini chocolate cheesecake, then top with a mini chocolate bar.
17. Refrigerate cheesecakes until ready to serve. Cheesecakes are best when stored well covered and consumed with 3-4 days.
Keywords: oreo recipe, chocolate cheesecake recipe, oreo dessert recipe, how to make chocolate whipped cream, how to make cheesecake