These Mini Cheesecakes are thick, smooth and creamy, with a little tang from some sour cream! They have a vanilla wafer crust and are topped with fresh whipped cream and berries for a classic little treat!
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the vanilla wafer cookies crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Divide the filling between the cheesecake cups until the cups are mostly full.
8. Bake the cheesecakes for 15 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
9. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
10. When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
11. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
12. Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cheesecakes and top with fresh fruit.
13. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: how to make cheesecake, mini cheesecake recipe, sour cream cheesecake recipe