These Mini Blackberry Lavender Cheesecakes are made with lavender cheesecake, blackberry topping, whipped cream and a fresh blackberry on top! Don’t let these little treats fool you – they are AMAZING! They might just be the biggest surprise hit to come out of my kitchen!
1. To make the blackberry topping, add the berries to a food processor and puree until smooth. You should end up with a little more than 1/2 cup of puree.
2. Combine the berry puree, sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring consistently until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
3. Allow to boil for 45 seconds to 1 minute, then remove from heat. Pour into another bowl and refrigerate and allow to cool completely.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan and spray them with non-stick spray.
5. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well combined. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
6. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from the oven. Allow to cool while you make the cheesecake filling.
7. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
8. Add the sour cream, lavender extract and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
9. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
10. Add the gel icing color and gently fold to combine.
11. Divide the cheesecake batter between the cups in the pan. The cups should be mostly full.
12. Bake the cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
13. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
14. When cheesecakes are cool and firm, remove them from the pan.
15. Divide the blackberry filling between the cheesecakes, spooning the mixture onto the top.
16. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
17. Add the gel icing color and gently fold to combine.
18. Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cheesecakes and top with a blackberry.
Keywords: blackberry cheesecake, mini cheesecakes recipe, blackberry dessert, mini cakes recipe, cheesecake bites recipe, homemade cheesecakes, homemade cheesecakes recipe, cheesecake filling recipe