This easy Lemon Loaf Cake is a moist, fluffy, tender treat that’s jam-packed with natural citrus flavor. A warm loaf of lemon bread is infused with fresh lemon syrup, cooled to room temperature, then drizzled with creamy lemon icing!
For the Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp (84g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (90ml) milk
For the Lemon Syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
For the Lemon Icing
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (or 8×4-inch) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugar together on medium-high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until mostly combined after each. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract and beat on medium-high speed until well combined.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients and mix until mostly combined. Add half of the milk and mix until just combined. Repeat with another third of the dry ingredients and then the last half of the milk.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes in the pan, then remove to a cooling rack.
- Stir together the lemon juice and powdered sugar for the lemon syrup, then pour the syrup over the cake while it’s still warm. Allow cake to cool completely.
- When the cake has cooled completely, make the icing. Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and heavy cream and whisk until smooth. Spoon the icing onto the top of the cake and spread evenly, then serve.
- Makes 8-10 slices.
- To Store: Store loaf cake in an airtight container. It’s fine at room temperature for a day or so, but should then be stored in the fridge. Best if eaten within 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: Wrap cooled & unfrosted loaf cake tightly in plastic wrap and freeze in a heavy-duty storage bag or airtight container for up to 2 months. Unwrap and thaw before icing and slicing.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 34.9 g
- Sodium: 79.8 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 56.5 mg
Keywords: lemon bread, glazed lemon cake, lemon drizzle cake