Made with a classic graham cracker crust and plenty of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, this soft and creamy Lemon Icebox Pie is so delightful! It’s not too sweet, not too tart, and super easy to make with minimal ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups (201g) graham cracker crumbs (about 11 full sheet graham crackers)
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (240ml) fresh lemon juice (6–8 lemons)
- two 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
To make the crust, add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine.
Add the melted butter and stir until well combined and crumbly.
Pour the mixture into a deep dish 9-inch pie pan and spread the crumbs around so that they are evenly dispersed.
Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
To make the filling, whisk the lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the lemon zest and egg yolks on high until pale and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
Add sweetened condensed milk mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center jiggles slightly.
Cool on cooling rack for an hour, then refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours.
To make the whipped cream, add the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Pipe whipped cream around the edges of the pie, adding half a lemon slice between each swirl, if desired.
Store pie in the fridge. Pie is best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- Makes 10-12 slices.
- To Store: Keep pie well-covered in the fridge and enjoy within 4-5 days for the best results.
- To Freeze: Cover pie tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 49.1 g
- Sodium: 185.7 mg
- Fat: 18.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.3 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 134.8 mg
Keywords: icebox pie lemon, lemon pie filling, desserts with lemon