This lemon curd is such an easy thing to make and delicious on just about everything! It’s sweet, tart and so much better when it’s homemade!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice (about 1–2 lemons)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (69g) sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp (42g) salted butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a double boiler (or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water). Heat while whisking constantly until mixture thickens and reaches 160 degrees, or coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the lemon curd into a heat proof bowl, cover with clear wrap pressed onto the top of the curd to avoid a film developing, and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with your desired treat. Lemon curd is best when well covered and consumed within 1-2 weeks.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 797
- Sugar: 68.6 g
- Sodium: 308.1 mg
- Fat: 52.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 73.9 g
- Protein: 11.4 g
- Cholesterol: 829.4 mg
Keywords: lemon curd recipe, lemon curd uses, how to make lemon curd