These thin and crispy Lace Cookies are a quick and easy treat made with just 7 ingredients. They’re sweet, buttery caramels in crispy cookie form!
- 6 tbsp (84g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (43g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring regularly, until butter and sugar have melted.
- Once butter and sugar are melted, turn heat up to medium and cook mixture just until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, flours and salt, stirring until completely combined.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then drop by 1 1/2 teaspoons (half a tablespoon) onto prepared cookie sheet. Space cookies about 2-3 inches apart. The cookies will spread quite a bit in the oven. The cookie dough mixture will thicken as it cools, but that won’t affect the outcome of the cookies.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden in color. Keep an eye on them towards the end of baking because they can burn quickly.
- Allow cookies to cool for 3-4 minutes or until they are firm enough to move, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Store lace cookies in an airtight container. They should stay fresh and crispy for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 16.1 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 4.6 mg
Keywords: lace cookies, oatmeal lace cookies, lace cookies recipe, caramel cookies, crispy oatmeal cookies, crispy cookies, easy cookie recipes, easy christmas cookies