These “He is Risen” cutout cookies are a simple, easy cookie to make and decorate to celebrate Easter!
1. Bake the cutout cookies according to the recipe and set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, make the royal icing. You can leave it all white to start with.
3. Flood the cookies with the white royal icing by drawing an outer line around the edge of the cookie, then fill it in. Shake the cookie a bit to help fill in the gaps and smooth out the icing. For more tips, see the decorating tutorial. Allow the white flood icing to dry before adding the next layer of decoration.
4. Color the remaining icing with the black gel icing color, or another color if you prefer. You won’t need a whole lot of icing for the writing, only about 1/2 a cup at most. So if you have a lot more than that left over, you don’t need to color all of it.
5. Decorate the cookies as shown, with “He is risen” written on them. I used Wilton tip 3 for the writing. Allow cookies to dry completely.
6. Cookies should be good stored in an air tight container for about 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 84.3 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.6 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 14.3 mg
Keywords: how to decorate sugar cookies, easter dessert idea, easter cookies, easy cut out cookies for decorating