This Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is perfect when you need to feed a crowd in the morning. We combine fresh eggs with savory sausage, hashbrowns, and veggies and top the entire thing with cheese. The result is a hearty breakfast baked to golden brown perfection.
- 20 oz shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 lbs sausage cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 cup diced onion (1/2 medium onion)
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper (1/2 bell pepper)
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper (1/2 bell pepper)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- Place the hash browns, cooked sausage, onions, bell peppers, and 2 cups of cheese in a large bowl. Gently mix the ingredients together and spread evenly in the 9×13 pan.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese evenly on top.
- Bake uncovered for 55-65 minutes or until cooked through and bubbly around the edges.
If you’d like to let the casserole sit overnight, you can cover and refrigerate it until ready to bake.
Keywords: hashbrown breakfast casserole, sausage breakfast casserole, Christmas breakfast