Soft Hawaiian rolls are stuffed with deli ham and Swiss cheese, then covered in a tangy honey-mustard glaze with poppy seeds and baked until golden-brown. These definitely aren’t your average Ham and Cheese Sliders!
- one 12 count package Hawiian Sweet Rolls
- 3⁄4 lb cooked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 6–8 large slices of thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- With a large serrated knife, cut the buns in half through the middle, so you have the tops together and the bottoms together. Do not separate individual buns for easy assembly.
- Place the bottom buns open-faced in the prepared dish.
- Arrange half the deli meat in a single layer on top of the bottom buns. Next, place a layer of swiss cheese and then top with the remaining ham slices. Cover with the tops of the buns. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, honey, dijon mustard, poppy seeds and dried onion flakes. Pour evenly over the top of the prepared sandwiches. Some of the mixture will pool around the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for another 3 minutes or until the tops have slightly browned.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and cut into individual sliders. Serve immediately. Sliders are best when warm.
Keywords: ham and swiss sliders, hawaiian roll sliders, ham and cheese sandwiches