An old family recipe for pillowy soft, cakey cookies iced with a tasty chocolate icing.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix sugar and butter just until combined and smooth.
3. Add egg and milk and mix until smooth.
4. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then remove to cool. Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
7. Once cookies are baked and cooled, combine powdered sugar and milk for icing. Add the melted chocolate then spread onto cookies.