Chewy sugar cookies filled with a classic cheesecake filling and topped with fresh fruit. These little gems are perfect for your next spring gathering.
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cheesecake filling and topping
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups (201g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Assortment of chopped fresh fruit
- Spray cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat together for 2-3 minutes, until light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined, but don’t over mix. Dough will be thick.
- Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookie cups are lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. If the centers aren’t cupped enough to add filling, use the end of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a tablespoon to press the center down a bit while they are still warm and fresh out of the oven.
- Once cookie have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Add the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat together until smooth and well combined.
- Pipe or scoop cheesecake filling into the cookie cups, then top with assorted fresh fruit.
- Store the cookie cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are best eaten within 3-4 days, depending how well your fruit on top lasts.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Cup
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 25.5 g
- Sodium: 152.1 mg
- Fat: 16.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
Keywords: cookie cups, mini cheesecakes, crumbl copycat