These Frosted Maple Cookie Bars with toffee pieces on top are delicious! They’re so soft and chewy, they almost melt right in your mouth. All that maple flavor and maple cream cheese icing makes them perfect for fall.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 inch square pan with non stick spray and parchment paper along the bottom and up above the sides.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Mix in egg and maple extract.
4. Add flour, cornstarch and baking soda and mix until well combined.
5. Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
7. When completely cool, use the parchment paper sticking above the pan edges to lift the bars out.
8. To make the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
9. Add the powdered sugar and maple extract and mix until smooth.
10. Add water or milk as needed to get the right consistency.
11. Spread icing evenly onto bars, then sprinkle with toffee bits
12. Cut into squares and serve.
Keywords: cookie bars, cookie bars recipe, easy cookie bars, maple frosting, toffee recipe, easy toffee recipe, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert idea, easy homemade dessert