These soft and fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes are a comforting fall breakfast that your family is going to love! They’re easy to make and full of pumpkin flavor.
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (54g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups (291g) canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, spices and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and a couple tablespoons of the milk. Melt the butter in the microwave and stir to combine it with the milk. Add the butter mixture to the rest of the milk and stir to combine.
- In another medium sized bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla extract and butter/milk mixture and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir to combine. Don’t overmix.
- Set the batter aside to rest while you heat the griddle, 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt a little butter to grease it. Pour batter onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake. I used about a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
- Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook until golden.
- Continue cooking with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup & your choice of toppings.
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes recipe, pumpkin spice pancakes, homemade pancakes recipe, pumpkin recipe, pumpkin spice recipe, easy, from scratch