This Turtle Fudge is super delicious, super sweet, and super easy. We combine rich chocolate fudge, pecans, and creamy caramel to make the best fudge recipe you’ve ever had! Perfect for holiday gifts or any time of year.
- 2 cups (12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (do not use milk chocolate)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup (160g) chopped pecans, plus more for on top
- 11 oz (about 35 candies) Kraft caramels, wrappers removed
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper that comes up the sides of the pan.
- Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir well to combine and allow the heat to melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds or so, until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, salt and pecans, then quickly pour half the mixture into the lined pan and spread evenly.
- Combine caramels and heavy cream in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the caramel mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Drop the remaining fudge mixture over the caramel layer in spoonfuls, then spread evenly. Press some additional chopped pecans into the top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate the fudge until firm, 2-3 hours.
- Cut the fudge while it’s still cold and firm and store in an air-tight container. Fudge can be stored at room temperature or the fridge. Keep in mind that the longer it sits at room temperature, the more likely the caramel is to seep out just a touch. The fudge does taste better at room temperature, as the caramel flavor comes through better. I recommend storing it in the fridge and serving it at room temperature.
Keywords: turtle fudge, best fudge recipe, fudge, chocolate fudge, Christmas sweets