This Easy Raspberry Sauce is perfect for everything from pancakes to cheesecake! It’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and you can use fresh or frozen raspberries!
2 1/4 cups (277g) raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup (52g) sugar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice, optional
1. Add the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice to a large saucepan and cook over medium heat.
2. When raspberries begin to release their juices, smash them with your spoon or spatula.
3. Let sauce continue to cook and boil over medium heat, for about 10-15 minutes. The time can vary based on your particular stove, but look for it to have thickened and keep in mind that it will thicken more as it cools. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get. If it ends up a little too thick, you can always add a touch of water to thin it back out.
4. When sauce has thickened to our liking, remove it from heat and pour it into a food processor. Puree it until smooth.
5. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and then allow to cool.
If using frozen raspberries, allow them to thaw and pat them dry first.
Keywords: raspberry sauce