You are going to love this Easy Peach Cobbler recipe made from scratch! It can use fresh, canned or frozen peaches and is definitely the best way to enjoy this yummy summer fruit!
For the Peach Filling
- 4 1/2 cups (788g) peaches, peeled, cored and sliced (6–8 peaches, depending on their size)
- 3/4 cup (155g) sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Batter
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted Challenge Butter
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping, optional
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients for the peaches to a saucepan and stir to combine. Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar melts and the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the butter and add to a 9×13 baking dish. Put the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes, while it melts. Remove pan from the oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter, then spoon the peaches and juices over the top. I like to be sure I have peaches all around the pan, so they aren’t all clumped in the middle.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping and sprinkle over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned on top and bubbly. Remove from the oven to cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve warm.
This cobbler is written for fresh peaches, but you can use canned or frozen peaches as well. If using canned or frozen peaches, increase the sugar in the peach filling to 1 cup (207g), since they have less moisture and sweetness than fresh peaches.
If using canned peaches, you’ll need four 15 ounce cans. You can use peaches in heavy syrup or 100% juice, just drain and rinse them before using.
The amount of baking powder in this recipe can be increased to 1 1/4 teaspoons if you’d prefer the batter to fully rise above the peaches, rather than having the peaches nestled among the batter.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 53.8 g
- Sodium: 159.6 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 67.8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
Keywords: easy peach cobbler