This Easy Coconut Cheesecake is simple to put together with layers of buttery graham cracker crust, thick and creamy cheesecake and fluffy whipped cream!
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) salted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (173g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups (420ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cups (95g) toasted coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9×13 pan.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
5. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until well completely combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Add the sour cream and coconut extract mix on low speed until well combined.
7. Add eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and spread evenly.
9. Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes.
10. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
11. Crack the door of the oven, with the cheesecake inside, for 15 minutes. This slow cooling process helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
12. Put the cheesecake in the fridge to cool completely, 3-4 hours.
13. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and coconut extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
14. Spread the whipped cream evenly over the cheesecake and top with the toasted coconut.
15. Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve.
Keywords: coconut desserts, best coconut dessert, easy coconut dessert, how to make cheesecake, coconut cheesecake recipe