This homemade Cranberry Sauce only has 4 ingredients and is easy to make. It’s WAY better than any store-bought version! Plus, it only takes 20 min to make and can be made ahead – perfect for a busy holiday season!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- Pinch of salt
1. Combine the water, sugar, cranberries and salt in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat.
2. Allow the sugar to melt, stirring occasionally.
3. Let the mixture come to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until most or all of the cranberries have burst and the sauce is beginning to thicken.
4. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
5. Serve sauce warm or cool. Store sauce well covered in the fridge.
Keywords: cranberry sauce, homemade cranberry sauce, easy cranberry sauce, how to make cranberry, fresh cranberry sauce