These Easter Egg Oreo Cookie Balls are a fun and tasty treat for Easter! They are a great thing to make with kids and can be enjoyed by all!
- 14.3 oz package (36 cookies) Golden Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 oz white candy coating
- Additional 1 oz of white candy coating per color, for decorating
- Gel icing colors
- Add the Golden Oreo cookies to a food processor or blender and crush into crumbs.
- Mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs together in a bowl until well combined. You should easily be able to form balls.
- Form Easter eggs from the cookie mixture using about 1 1/2 tablespoons per egg.
- Put the eggs in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up a bit.
- When the Oreo eggs have been chilled, melt the 10 ounces of white candy coating and dip the chilled eggs into the melted candy coating. Set on parchment paper to dry. I use a toothpick for dipping and put the toothpick into the bottom of the egg when I dip them. Lightly shake off excess candy coating, then set the egg on the parchment paper and gently twist the toothpick while pulling it out. Use a little dab of candy coating to fill in the hole where the toothpick was.
- Once dry, add the decorations. Use about 1 ounce of each color you’re using so that you have enough to melt and work with. I used 5 colors, but feel free to use as many or as few as you like. If you’re only using one color, you probably want to use at least 3-4 ounces of white candy coating. Melt your white candy coating, one color at a time, then add gel icing color until you have the color you want. Pipe or drizzle the colors over the Oreo eggs.
- Store Oreo eggs in the fridge. They should be good for about 1 week.
Keywords: oreo ball easter eggs, easter egg oreo cookie balls