These soft and chewy Double Mint Chocolate Cookies are FULL of Andes mints and mint Oreo pieces. They are so perfectly minty and chocolaty, it’s hard to not eat the entire batch right out of the oven!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup andes mints, chopped
- 3/4 cup mint oreos, chopped
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
3. Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and mix until combined.
4. Stir in Andes Mint pieces and chopped Oreos . Dough will be thick and sticky.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Make balls about the size of golf balls (or smaller if you prefer, just remember to adjust the bake time). Flatten out a bit and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges look firm but the center is still soft.
9. Cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet, then finish cooling on a cooling rack
The colder the cookie dough, the less it will spread during baking. If your dough is pretty cold and you want larger cookies, I suggest flattening them out a bit before baking.
- Serving Size: 1 Large Cookie
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 16.2 g
- Sodium: 116.6 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.3 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 39.4 mg
Keywords: recipe for chocolate cookies, mint chip chocolate cookies, peppermint chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies recipe, chocolate mint cookies, andes chocolate mint cookies