These Creamy Mashed Potatoes are wonderfully full of flavor and completely homemade! They are perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas and will have everyone coming back for more!
1. Put potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and boil for about 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Don’t over boil or they can get too much water in them.
2. Drain the water from the potatoes in a colander, then set the colander with the potatoes over the warm pot on the stove. Let the potatoes sit over the hot pot for about 5 minutes or until dry.
3. White the potatoes dry, heat the cream and butter until melted and warm and stir together. Set aside.
4. Add the potatoes to a potato ricer and rice them all into the hot pot that was used to boil them, which should still be hot/warm. You don’t want the potatoes to cool down too much or they’ll be harder to mash.
5. Pour the riced potatoes into a mixer bowl and add the hot cream and butter.
6. Use the whisk attachment to mix and blend and smooth the potatoes. They should come together and smooth out quickly. You don’t want to over mix them.
7. Add salt and pepper and gently stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
Keywords: creamy mashed potatoes