Delicious chocolate chip cookies made with browned butter!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips or chunks
1. In a medium saucepan, brown 10 tbsp butter. (directions on how to do that here)
2. Take off heat and cool for 2 minutes. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine egg and egg yolk in a measuring cup. Do not beat.
4. Add other 4 tbsp of butter to the browned butter and stir until melted.
5. Add sugar, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract and eggs and mix for 30 seconds.
6. Let the mixture rest for 3 minutes.
7. Mix again for 30 seconds.
8. Let rest for 3 minutes.
9. Repeat the process until mixture is thick and pale.
10. Whisk together baking soda and flour.
11. Fold the baking soda and flour into the butter and sugar mixture.
12. Add chocolate chips.
13. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
14. Add balls of about 1-2 tbsp to a parchment lined baking sheet.
15. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
16. Cool for about a minute before removing to a cooling rack to completely cool.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie