Have you ever dreamt of a soft and fluffy cupcake filled with Oreo cookie pieces and topped with Oreo buttercream? Well, that dream just became a reality with these delicious Oreo Cookies and Cream Cupcakes!
For the Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp (146g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (155g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped Oreos (about 16 Oreos)
For the Oreo Buttercream
- 1 1/4 cups (280g) unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups (403g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5–6 tbsp (60-75ml) water or milk
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups Oreo crumbs (about 10 Oreos)
- Oreos, for decorating
- Oreo crumbs, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter, vegetable oil and sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until combined.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not overmix the batter.
- Fold the chopped Oreos into the batter.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Add the butter to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and 2-3 tablespoons of the water or milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the Oreo crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Add salt and additional milk or water as needed to get the right consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. I used Ateco tip 844.
- Top cupcakes with half an Oreo and some Oreo crumbs.
- Cupcakes are best when stored well covered for 2-3 days.
Use a piping tip with a wide enough opening for the Oreo crumbs to pass through easily.
Keywords: cookies and cream cupcakes, oreos cupcakes, oreo cupcake recipe, oreo buttercream frosting, oreo dessert recipe, oreo dessert, oreo buttercream, oreo frosting