This Classic Homemade Stuffing Recipe is STUFFED with so much flavor it’s seriously the perfect Thanksgiving side dish! Bread, butter, celery, onion, herbs and spices make this a recipe you’ll come back to year after year!
1. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non stick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in large pan, then add the onions and celery. Saute until translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Stir in the seasonings and remove from heat.
3. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl and add the eggs. Stir well to coat the bread with the eggs.
4. Add the onion mixture and stir well.
5. Pour about 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth on top of the bread crumb mixture and gently toss. Add additional broth as needed. If you prefer your stuffing to be fairly moist, add some additional broth. The mixture should be nice and wet, but not soupy once it’s all stirred well and the bread soaks in the liquid.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until at your desired level of doneness. Serve warm.
If you’d like to make this ahead, make it and add it to the prepared pan, then pop it in the fridge overnight. Set it out about an hour before cooking to come to room temperature, then bake.
Keywords: homemade stuffing recipe, classic stuffing recipe, thanksgiving side dish, easy stuffing recipe, best stuffing recipe, turkey stuffing,