This Classic Green Bean Casserole is made with cream of mushroom soup, green beans, cheese, crispy fried onions and comes together in about 5 minutes! Such an easy classic that makes an appearance on our table at Thanksgiving and Christmas every year!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. If using fresh green beans, trim the ends and put in a microwave safe bowl with about two tablespoons of water. Cover loosely with clear wrap and microwave for 5-7 minutes, or until they begin to get tender. Keep in mind that they’ll continue to cook in the oven. When done, cover the green beans in cold water to keep them from cooking more.
3. If using frozen green beans, microwave until thawed, then drain them.
4. If using canned green beans, drain them.
5. In a large bowl, combine the green beans, soup, milk, pepper, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cheddar cheese and 1 cup of crispy fried onions.
6. Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Top the casserole with the remaining crispy fried onions and bake for another 5 minutes, then serve.
*Can use canned fresh or frozen green beans. If using canned, you’ll need two 14.5 oz cans. If using frozen, a 16 oz bag of green beans is about 5 cups.
Keywords: green bean casserole, green bean casserole with cheese