Soft and chewy homemade sugar cookies are covered in your favorite holiday sprinkles – these Christmas Sprinkle Cookies are perfect for Santa’s cookie plate! They’re made with kitchen staples and great for getting the kids involved.
- 2 3/4 cups (358g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (233g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (28g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup – 1 1/4 cups Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined, but don’t over-mix. It will be thick and a little sticky.
- Create 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll the dough into a ball, then roll each ball in the additional sprinkles to coat them. Set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. The cookies will spread and the centers will look soft, but should look done. Don’t over-bake. The cookies will be a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 70.8 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 23.8 mg
Keywords: christmas cookie decorating, sugar cookies with sprinkles, cookies for santa plate