These Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies are a super festive and delicious Christmas treat! They’re perfect for your holiday cookie plate!
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or peppermint extract)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I use Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa)
- 6 oz chocolate (I used chocolate candiquick)
- Peppermint Baking Chips
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Add flour and cocoa and mix until combined. Dough will be very thick.
4. Place dough on parchment paper and shape into a log.
5. Roll dough up into parchment paper and refrigerate for about an hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a non stick baking mat.
7. Slice dough into about 24 cookies that are about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes.
9. Allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.
10. Melt chocolate in a bowl.
11. Pour chocolate into a piping bag with a small round tip (or into a ziplock bag with a corner cut off) and drizzle chocolate over cookies. Sprinkle peppermint baking chips onto chocolate as you go – chocolate dries quickly.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 3.6 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: chocolate shortbread cookies, chocolate peppermint cookies, chocolate cookies recipe, peppermint cookies, shortbread cookies recipe, best shortbread cookies recipe, best christmas cookies recipe, easy christmas cookies