These Chocolate Lava Cakes are decadent, gooey and will melt in your mouth! Served with a scoop of ice cream, they are an easy treat to whip up!
- 6 tbsp (84g) unsalted butter, sliced
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (12g) all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Strawberries or raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease and flour six 6 oz ramekins.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside.
In a large mixer bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, salt and sugar at high speed with the whisk attachment until the volume triples, is light in color and it drops from the whisk in a smooth, thick stream, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to chocolate and butter mixture, then sprinkle flour top and gently fold everything together.
- Divide the batter evenly between the ramekins.
- Bake the cakes for 7-10 minutes, or until cakes have puffed up, have a thin crust on top and jiggle slightly at the center when shaken very gently. The time can vary by oven.
- Cool for 1 minute, then invert onto plate and lift off the ramekins.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve immediately with fresh strawberries or raspberries, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cake
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 33 g
- Sodium: 126.5 mg
- Fat: 23.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.9 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 184.8 mg
Keywords: chocolate lava cakes, molten lava cakes, molten chocolate cakes