These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a classic chocolate cookies recipe that never gets old! They’re soft and chewy in the middle with a slightly crunchy edge. These cookies are also perfect for the holidays!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine the melted butter and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. The mixture will be very thick, almost like a paste.
4. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Pour into the dry ingredients and, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat it all together on medium-high speed. The mixture may seem dry at first, but will come together as you continue to mix.
6. Measure one tablespoon of the dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in confectioners’ sugar to coat.
7. Place balls about 3 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-13 minutes. The cookies will slightly spread and form cracks. The centers will look soft.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Eggs must be room temperature. The won’t properly mix into the butter-cocoa mixture if they’re cold. For the butter, melt it in the microwave or on the stovetop before beginning so it has time to cool down slightly – we don’t want to cook the eggs.
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies recipe, crinkle cookies, easy chocolate cookies, easy homemade cookies, easy cookies, easy cookies recipe