Get ready chocolate lovers! Oreo pie crust, homemade chocolate pudding filling, and homemade whipped cream come together in this gorgeous chocolate cream pie topped with chocolate shavings and curls. Yum!
- 2 cups (268g) Oreo crumbs (about 24 Oreos)
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted (salted or unsalted)
Chocolate Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup (104g) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) whole milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 tbsp (84g) salted butter, chopped into pieces
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I like Ghirardelli’s)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate bar (such as Ghirardelli or Bakers chocolate)
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
Add the Oreos to a food processor or blender and grind into fine crumbs. You do not need to remove the filling from the Oreos.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to a bowl and combine with the melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into your pie pan and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
For the chocolate pie filling:
- Add the egg yolks to a medium sized bowl, whisk together until smooth, then set aside.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch to a medium saucepan and whisk together until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Add the milk and whisk well to combine. Heat mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Once the milk mixture beings to simmer, pour a little of the milk mixture into the egg yolks while whisking constantly, to temper the eggs. Add a little more of the hot liquid into the egg yolks, then pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture begins to thicken and comes to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and whisk in the butter, chopped chocolate, and vanilla extract. Stir until completely smooth and well combined.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust and spread into an even layer. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pie and refrigerate about 4–6 hours or until the pie is set.
For the topping:
- To make the whipped cream, and the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract a mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Remove the clear wrap from the top of chilled pie and spread the whipped cream on top of the pie.
- Use a vegetable peeler to scrape along the sides of a chocolate bar, such as a Bakers or Ghirardelli chocolate bar, to create the chocolate shavings and curls on top of the pie, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The pie is best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 42.7 g
- Sodium: 159.7 mg
- Fat: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 169.3 mg
Keywords: chocolate cream pie, chocolate cream pie with Oreo crust, chocolate cream pie with pudding, chocolate pie recipes