This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake is thick, creamy and full of pumpkin and chocolate! It’s a great flavor combination and such a fun Thanksgiving dessert idea!
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
4. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil (I also use a plastic crock pot liner – see method here) so that water from the water bath cannot get in. Set prepared pan aside.
5. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
6. In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Add the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla extract and spices and mix on low speed until well combined.
8. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
9. Add the chocolate chips and gently fold to combine.
10. Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and spread evenly.
11. Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
12. Bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes.
13. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
14. Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
15. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and water bath wrapping and refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
16. When the cheesecake is cool and firm, remove from the springform pan and set on a serving plate.
17. To make the chocolate ganache, put the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
18. Microwave the heavy whipping cream until it just begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
19. Pour the ganache onto the cheesecake and spread into an even layer. Allow to cool and firm.
20. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
21. Pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake, then top with some mini chocolate chips and pumpkin decorations, if desired.
Keywords: chocolate chip pumpkin cheesecake, easy pumpkin cheesecake recipe, best pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate chip cheesecake, thanksgiving dessert idea, easy thanksgiving dessert