This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is made with a chocolate chip cookie crust and brown sugar cheesecake filled with chocolate chips and cookie dough! It’s topped with chocolate ganache and more cookie dough for the ultimate treat!
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (72g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (169g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 6 tbsp (84g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp (54g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) all purpose flour, toasted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2–3 tsp milk
- 1/3 cup (56g) mini chocolate chips
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (25g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (169g) semi sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache for Piping
- 9 oz (254g | 1 1/2 cups) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (ml) heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
- 2 oz (57g | 1/3 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Crumbled chocolate chip cookies
1. To make the cookie crust, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and grease the sides.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
3. Add the butter and sugars to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy in texture, about 3 minutes.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined, but don’t over mix.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be thick.
7. Press the dough evenly into the springform pan and bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
8. While the cookie crust is baking, make the cookie dough balls. Add the butter and brown sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
9. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
10. Add the flour and salt and mix until well combined.
11. Add 2 tablespoons of milk to help the cookie dough come together, then stir in the mini chocolate chips. Add additional milk, if needed to help everything come together.
12. Make balls of cookie dough that are about the size of chickpeas. Set them in the freezer while you make the cheesecake filling.
13. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (148°C). Cover the outside of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in (see how I prepare my pan for a water bath). Set prepared pan aside.
6. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar and flour on low speed until well combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until well combined.
8. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
9. Add the chocolate chips and about 2/3 of the cookie dough balls to the filling (set the remaining cookie dough balls aside for later). You want to be sure the balls are firm enough from sitting in the freezer to hold their shape when you add them. Gently fold everything together.
10. Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust.
11. Place the springform pan inside another larger pan. Fill the outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
12. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. The center should be set, but still jiggly.
13. Turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 30 minutes. The cheesecake will continue to cook, but slowly begin to cool as well.
14. Crack the door of the oven for 30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to continue to cool slowly. This process helps prevent cracking.
15. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and water bath wrapping and refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
16. A couple hours before you’re ready to add the cheesecake topping, make the chocolate ganache for the piping. Put the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
17. Microwave the heavy whipping cream until it just begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
18. Allow the ganache to sit and cool to room temperature, which should be the right consistency for piping. You can refrigerate it until it’s cold and firm, but then you will need to heat it for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave and stir it so that it’s soft enough to pipe, but still stiff enough to hold its shape.
19. When the cheesecake is cool and firm, remove from the springform pan and set on a serving plate.
20. For the chocolate ganache drizzle, put the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
21. Microwave the heavy whipping cream until it just begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
22. Drizzle the ganache over the cheesecake and allow it to firm up a bit.
23. Add the chocolate ganache for the swirls to a piping bag fitted with a closed star piping tip and pipe swirls around the outer edge of the cheesecake.
24. Finish off the cheesecake with the remaining chocolate chip cookie dough balls and sprinkle with some crumbled up chocolate chip cookies, if desired.
25. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store well covered. Cheesecake is best for 3-4 days.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake, cookie dough dessert